Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope that everyone has a wonderful day! Josh and I will be spending Turkey Day at home, just the 2 of us...we are missing the feast we were invited to because he is sick. Poor guy feels awful, but we will try to have a nice day. I love this picture by Norman Rockwell, it reminds me of my youth. My parents have this pic and I would stare at it as a kid and always loved how happy everyone looked (and how strong the grandma is because she is holding a HUGE turkey!!). To me, this is the essence of Thanksgiving; to be able to be together and find joy. My mom loves Thanksgiving and taught me to have a great love for this holiday. How wonderful it is to have a day to celebrate all that I am thankful for! Even though it has been a really tough year, I am so very blessed and am grateful for all that I do have. Let us all give thanks to God, the great source for all that we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment