Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Favorite City

We had a good time in Albuquerque, even though the weather was awful!! We went to Old Town and the temple. These are just some random pics from the greatest city! Enjoy!


This is Old Town...so quaint!



Well, how could I not take a pic of this hot sauce?! Hilarious!


This church is over 300 years old and is beautiful. We went inside and it truly is a work of art.

The marker outside the church.

After we went to the temple yesterday...I made him pose.

I wanted a pic of us in front of the temple and there was a group of boys at the fountain as we walked up. I thought it was great, figuring that they could take a pic of us...I was wrong! They ran off as we approached, so we improvised. Oh, well!

The Albuquerque Temple - my other favorite temple. It is so special to me and I was so happy that I was able to share it with my husband. We had an amazing experience in our session. I am so thankful that we are blessed enough to worship our Lord in His house.

The stained glass window that is in the Celestial Room, it is gorgeous.

The Angel Moroni.



After we went to the temple, we saw an Einstein Bros Bagel shop...we had to stop! We don't have Einstein's in Grand Junc, so we had to bring some home with us. If you have one, don't take it for granted!!


Just as we approached Durango, the weather changed and we went from sunny skies to this...it was not fun! We had to drive on the twisty-windy roads in a terrible snow storm. But, we made it home safely.
















3 comments:

  1. That temple is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that New Mexico is one of only two states I haven't been to? We'd actually really love to visit! This post makes me want to go even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You so should!! It's the greatest state ever!!

    ReplyDelete