So, while I was in California, I decided to capture some of the unique characteristics that make my dad so special...here we go!

My dad is a wonderful grandpa...here he is with Brennan

My dad has always had a "toy car"...this is one of his current ones. Meet Smokey the convertible! This is Dad's weekend car that he toots around town in...but only in the daylight because the blinkers don't work and only one headlight will pop up!!

And here's the other "toy"...Arvil (named after the old man who my dad bought it from!). When I was at home, my dad said I was more than welcome to use Arvil...I drove it once and that was enough!!! It's a beast!! But, my papa loves it, so that's ok. Notice how it's parked 4 feet away from the curb?? Al doesn't want the sprinklers to get it wet...lol!!

On the weekends when my dad is home, he and his best buddy, AKA: Hank the dog frequently go for rides in Smokey!! Hank will sit is this dang car for hours until my dad takes him for a ride...hilarious!!

I now know where I get my crafty side from...my dad made his own fountain in the courtyard!! He drilled through a birdbath and and a small bird statue and stuck them on top of a broken sprinkler!! LOL!! Crafty!!

Dad, Brennan, and Karam
I am so grateful for my father, he is a wonderful man. I love him and am glad we have him around...he keeps life interesting!!
That is great! I love this post. Dad's are so special, and so many times underappreciated. Thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDelete