
Last week, Josh and I went to the Fort Worth Botanical Garden. We had been there before, but this time I was smart enough to bring my camera! It is so beautiful there, we love it. We love to go and walk through the Rose Garden, not only is it beautiful, it smells lovely! It's great to literally "stop and smell the roses". I love having time with my husband to just chat about the beauty that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with.


We have been having so much rain here, part of the garden looks like a swamp! Nice!

All of the flowers are identified there...we found our very own rose!! LOL!


I love to sit and listen to the fountains or waterfalls that they have there...and to chase the fish!!



Ok, as we were walking, we noticed this log with mushrooms...naturally, I wanted to take a picture...my hubby thought I was on 'shrooms for thinking this was "picture worthy"!!

Cool fountain

I was picture-happy and kept trying to convince Josh to go and pose with various plants, sculptures, and the large pumpkin displays they had there...he's a party-pooper because this is the only picture I got!! Ugh!!

The Lovebird fountain...I loved it!


So, not many people know this, but I am a bit scared of squirrels! Back in my Provo days, I was attacked by a squirrel while a group of us were at Bridal Veil Falls. So, I'm not a fan of the little devils! Josh and I sat on a bench while we were in the Rose Garden; it was under a tree. No kidding, the squirrels in the tree were bombing us with acorns!!!! I think there is some sort of anti-squirrel mark on me...


The pond...it is full of cool fish and turtles. I love it!


Turtle!!

Can you see the fishys?!

Don't ask my why, but I love that there is a variety of rose that is named Julia Child! So cool!

Julia's rose

So, this was a bit awkward...we accidentally crashed a wedding!! LOL! Just kidding, it was only their rehearsal, but they still looked at us funny.

Walkway through the Rose Garden


These white roses were so fragrant and beautiful! I love white roses, they always make me think of my nephews that passed away, Ajay and Sameer. There is something wonderful about something that is so beautiful and yet so pure.

Is this not the coolest rose ever?!

I am grateful for the beauty of this earth. I love the wonder of it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment